Different Words - Like and Love
When you like someone, you like them because... that person
- is kind to you.
- helps you when you need (or want) help.
- laughs at your jokes.
- boosts your ego or assists in relationships.
- is attractive.
- is compatible with your lifestyle and interests.
- and any of many more reasons...
When you love someone, you love them although... that person
- may not be popular or glamorous at school or work or church.
- needs more from you than perhaps you receive from him or her.
- is too beset my life's obligations or responsibilities to always appreciate your wit.
- often disagrees with you, sometimes quite strongly.
- and other big things that in context don't matter as much as your love...